Bridgend and the Vale of Glamorgan


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Bridgend
June 8th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our HouseOur HouseOur House

Please buy it!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone want to buy our house? We have just been back there for a week to spruce it up a bit but now is not a great time to have a house on the market. Still, maybe someone out there fancies a bit of good value by UK standards. It's only a couple of minutes walk from Tesco and the town centre, a 2 minute drive to the M4 motorway, 15 minutes to the coast and 45 minutes to the Brecon Beacons. It has it all really! SO SOMEBODY BUY IT PLEASE!!!!!

It was good to be back, but our life is about travelling and teaching now, so it's time to make a break. Wales has been great and we are really going to miss some of Bridgend's finest restaurants, notably the Natraj and Zia Nina's. If you're in town, pay them a visit.

As well as working on the house, we took a trip out to Porthcawl (just for you, Ruth!!) where the sun was shining but a chilly wind was blowing. We had a nice walk from Sandy Bay to Rest Bay and back. It was amazing to see so many surfers at Rest Bay, but it wasn't quite Copacabana!!

We
The BridgeThe BridgeThe Bridge

The end of which, presumably, gives Bridgend it's name!
also made it into Cardiff (just 20 minutes on the train from the station which is a 10 minute walk from our house which, as I may have mentioned, is for sale!) which is currently undergoing a massive transformation with the building of a new city centre shopping centre. Again we had great weather, but it seems we spent most of the day indoors, especially in the new Borders bookstore!

On leaving Bridgend we stopped off in the Vale of Glamorgan to visit our friend Alun and his family. They live in a converted barn in the middle of nowhere. It was great to catch up with them, and a few other friends from days gone by, and also to hear the story of young Henri's baby sheep who went missing last week. Mercifully they have been found safe and well, much to Henri's relief!

So, is this the last trip to Wales for us? We doubt it as we will always have friends there, but hopefully it will be the last visit to the house. Did I mention it's up for sale?!!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



12th June 2008

Lovely!
Hi Russ and Trish, Great to see that you made it to Pcawl and good to hear it was windy as always! And the new Borders in Cardiff sounds very exciting - I look forward to paying it a visit. It all seems very far away from Bogota though, where we find ourselves at the moment. Also, I would love to buy your house but fear that you want more than 10 quid for it. I will pass on the details to friends in that area though and let you know if I hear anything back! Take care and "pob lwc" for Syria, Ruth

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb