Ballet Show & Graduation


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 2nd 2014
Published: July 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

"What's this!" I hear you cry!

"A blog! Is she still doing those?"

Yes! And Yes!

Although I admit, it's in danger of becoming a review of the year, I am still in the blogging business and hope that normal service will be resumed shortly. So, instead of sitting around and thinking about all the ones I've not yet done I'm just going to dive straight in where we're at and give you what I've got today.

G's first ballet show and J's pre-school graduation.

G started ballet last September (which you will eventually get a lovely pic of, but bear with me for now). She had her first show last night. Not a full on tantrums and tiaras type affair, but a very simple demo of what they've been doing in class and it was lovely! Even though she managed to have a little wee on the back of her leotard (nothing five minutes upside down under a hand-dryer couldn't sort out) she went on and performed like the little star she is. The plot was ballerina fairies asleep in the woods, wake up stretch, skip around looking for ballet shoes, jump over a river, see a shooting star, catch it, make a wish, magic ballet shoes appear on their feet and they dance. Beautiful!

Then this evening, J had his graduation ceremony from pre-school. Seems a graduation gown instantly turns the wearer giddy with excitment! The event was raucous and chaotic, but good-natured fun and very moving too. He received a certificate and a gift of a personalised pencil case with named pencils in, which was a lovely touch. Next stop P1!

And I will be back up to date by then...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb