Travel and Day 1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 16th 2013
Published: May 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Scotland. Our trip got off to an easy start Tuesday since we had a straight flight from Atlanta to London. From there, we caught a second flight here. Apparently I am extremely lucky because we were able to move into first class for free when we checked in online with British Air. After the 1.5 hour flight, we hopped on a double decker tour bus and tried to find our hotel. After a good 2 hours of searching around the city, we finally stumbled on the right place. It is a guest house and has a family living on the first floor, with rooms for rent in the second and third. After having a great meal at an Italian place right down the street, I awoke this morning to the smell of bacon. Our hosts serve a cooked breakfast each morning complete with bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, baked beans, and haggis. The food was much more than I could eat. After trying to catch up on sleep, Kelsey and I traveled to Edinburgh Castle, which is where we spent most of the day. I've included a couple pictures of the castle and other local places.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb