Next Door's Wedding


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
August 19th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our lovely next door neighbours got married recently, and were kind enough to invite us along.

After a dodgy week, the sun shone and the rain stayed away. The ceremony was in their church in town which had been specially painted and re-carpeted for the occasion, followed by a reception and evening do at the town hall. Lots of their friends and church community had helped with the day and it had a really happy feel. Mrs looked lovely, and Mr was surprisingly soppy and loved up!

It was our first wedding with children. Wow! Hard work! Each of them dashing off in different directions meant that we were both constantly on duty trying to keep tabs on them, stopping them going out onto the street or tripping up people carrying plates of food. They had a whale of a time though, and loved the kids' disco which started the evening do.

Sadly, despite an extended stealth campaign of persuasion, J refused point blank to wear a kilt on the day. No matter how dashing Daddy looked, he wasn't having any of it. Ah well, he did at least have a clean shirt and a haircut.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb