Edinburgh, The Royal Brittania and Whitley Bay


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 10th 2011
Published: May 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a lovely morning on board the Royal Yacht Britannia. It is a very luxurious yacht and we enjoyed our time on board. The rooms are very expensively decorated and the yacht is very spacious.
To finish off our visit we had a very nice morning tea which was served in the upper-deck tea room. Very very posh with a silver teapot etc. It was lovely to feel like royalty (even if it was for a short time).
Steve and I were really pleased that we had the opportunity to view this ship.
We set off at about 12midday to travel as far south as we could. (Thankyou Mike and Jan for your suggested route)
We travelled to Berwick on Tweed. Out one side of the car window was the ocean and out the other were the green and yellow fields and rolling hills. Very pretty. We had perculiar weather today, one moment it was pouring rain, windy and cold and the next moment it was hot and sunny.
We stopped in at Bamburgh and walked up to the Castle. This is a seriously big and majestic castle.
We then drove on to a lovely seaside town called, Seahouses. We stopped here for fish and chips down at the dockside. We then drove on to Alnwick and took pictures of another castle and then on to Warkworth to see another castle.
There are a lot of pictures in this blog. Don't forget to scroll down 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



17th May 2011

How posh is that ship!!
You look the part, Steve, with the silver tea service. That is something I would like to see too.........jealous!!

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb