Wee break


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
March 12th 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

A long weekend in Aviemore, courtesy of Mr Tescos and his vouchers. Gorgeous sunny day on the Saturday, with the snowy Cairngorm range reflected in a mirrorlike Loch Morlich, fabulous!

Took J to the Highland Wildlife Park at Kincraig, which is well worth a visit. He was so excited even just approaching the entrance, seeing the posters of the animals within! Seeing real live camels, yaks and polar bears nearly blew his mind! He loved the snow monkeys, but I think he'd become fairly jaded by the time we reached the tigers. Highlight for Daddy was walking throuh the red panda enclosure with J on his shoulders as a panda ran through an overhead wire tunnel just inches in front of J's face! Lots off 'Oo! Ooooh!'ing ensued, from both of them!

Sunday not so good, bit overcast and cold. We got in an early morning swim. Considering J has never been to swimming lessons or really been in a pool much at all, he loves the water- just waded in, bent down, put his face in the water and started blowing bubbles! And while Mummy was having kittens every time he stumbled and fell under he always emerged spitting and laughing.

In the afternoon Mummy had a little lie down (this pregnancy is knocking me out) and Daddy took J to see the sled dogs, but it was shut. So then they went to see the reindeer, but they were all out on the hills. So then they just played in the soft play centre and came home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb