Merry Christmas 2010!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
December 30th 2010
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Daddy tries to eat J!Daddy tries to eat J!Daddy tries to eat J!

(actually taken a wee while before Christmas, in the Spey Valley, when the snow lay round about, deep & crisp & even...!)
Finally some photos from Christmas. Not very many good ones, but sometimes you're just so busy enjoying it you forget to take photos!

After a horribly stressful week leading up our trip, we seemed to relax as soon as we drove off the ferry (J was asleep by then - coincidence?) The islands were quilted with snow and Christmas Eve was bright and sunny, with the sea like a mirror, utterly beautiful.

Aunty Wisa, BigD & LittleD arrived later that day and joined us in the cottage.

Christmas Day dawned as another crystal clear day, with views right across to Skye. Of course we'd been up for a couple of hours by then, much like most other days! J had a stocking at the end of his bed containing a toy cow, pig, sheep, chicken and an alarmingly anatomically correct stallion! He loves farm animals and was really excited to have the little figures, his first action was to make the cow kiss the horse (obviously going to be a lover, not a fighter)! Downstairs his main present was a wooden toy farm which he plays with every day now.

Both the wee boys had a mountain of presents, thank you to everyone for being so generous! Somehow it seemed that every time J opened a present, LittleD wanted a go, and every present LittleD opened J wanted to play with! But they did play nicely, and when it was time to go J gave LittleD a big hug and a kiss, which is very unusual for him to do that to another child, so LittleD is obviously a favourite!

Next day the weather turned wet , cold & windy. We took advantage of a brief dry spell in the afternoon and took a trip out to one of Harris' many beautiful deserted beaches and played on the windswept sands till we got cold.






Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The cats in the hatThe cats in the hat
The cats in the hat

Stripes were 'in' this Christmas


Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb