New Journey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Douglas WestDouglas WestDouglas West

Virgin View
New camera, new journey.

What's the best way to learn how to work a new camera?

To get out there and take pictures. The only problem has been the weather over the past 4 weeks. Rain, rain, wind and even more rain and wind. So I have had to be content with reading up on my "Dummies Guide To..." and hoping that my day off work would eventually clash with a dry day.

YIPPEE!!!!

And so Sunday dawned dry, bright, frosty and miracle of all miracles - sun shining and blue skies. Perfect day to take out my new Canon 450 and introduce it to the elements.

Who says you have to travel far to be adventurous? My doorstep will be an exotic and far flung destination to many people across the world.

Rural South Lanarkshire might not be on everyone's top ten list of destinations to visit, but we still have some of the most beautiful and inspiring scenery in Scotland. Nearby is Tinto Hill - a walker, a climber and a jogger's heaven. Coulter Fell competing with Tinto in status and height and beauty.

All photographs are free from software touch ups!!
Tinto HillTinto HillTinto Hill

Tinto Hill from the "other" side
I'm quite impressed for a first attempt. OK - so the camera didn't venture out of automatic mode - but come on! I have to start somewhere.

Waiting for another weather proof day to go exploring again.

Look out Rural South Lanarkshire.

Have camera - will travel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

SunsetSunset
Sunset

Not bad for a first timer!
Sunset WindmillsSunset Windmills
Sunset Windmills

Wind farm @Douglas West - looking good.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb