Back in Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a few days of serious winding down in London I am back in the great green and rainy north of Scotland. One thing I must get off my chest. Gatwick Airport is a fucking nightmare. The place is like a fucking beehive hit with a baseball bat, only without the vauge semblance of order that the swarm entails. You go through their security then get to sit in the most chaiotic lobby on the planet and wait to find out your gate assignment, which happens about 10 minutes before your flight. As I am flying EasyJet, the Brit equivalent of Southwest, wiht a first come first serve seating arrangement, this causes a mad paniced rush to the plane, thankfully there were minimal casualties.

This rush was followed by a rather unreasonable amount of waiting for something to happen, which eventually it did and I was off to lovely Glasgow International Airport, which makes the El Paso Regional Air Port, Hair Care, and Tire Center seem almost cosmpolitian by comparrison. The attack here makes as much sense as going after a quince in Eagle Pass, yeah it gets someone's attention, but honestly, who cares.

It was nice to arrive and I got to go for a nice walk down the edge of Royal Troon Golf Course in the fading light of 11:00 pm. Interesting place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb