A Crazy Trip to Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
November 6th 2019
Published: November 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We just returned a few days ago from a crazy trip through Scotland and we can’t wait to share it!

Scotland surprised us in so many ways. We were overwhelmed by the vast number of things that there is to discover, making our trip surprisingly busy.



First thing to say is, Scotland is absolutely beautiful. The gorgeous landscapes blew us away, not to mention the rich history which with us coming from Britain doesn’t always read well, vibrant nightlife, and delicious wholesome food! Here are some of the highlights of our Scotland trip.


Fun Times in Edinburgh



As the country’s capital city, Edinburgh was our first stop. We thought of skipping the capital city at first, but we’re glad we dropped, in the end we could have spent the whole trip in Edinburgh. The bar and pub culture in Edinburgh is just amazing. We spent most of our time hanging out at the coolest bars drinking fine whiskey and bespoke cocktails.



During the day, we explored the city’s famous attractions, including the splendid Edinburgh Castle. We checked out a few museums as well and our favourite was the National Museum of Scotland as it has an interesting collection of Scottish antiquities. It’s a great place to be if you want to learn more about Scottish culture and history.


Played Golf at Kings Acre Golf Course



We always make sure to enjoy a few sports activities in some of the places that we visit and we’re glad to have visited the Kings Acre golf course during our trip. Located in the Midlothian countryside, just outside the city centre of Edinburgh, this 18-hole course offers a tough but fair test of your shot-making skills.



We’re truly impressed by the outstanding facilities at King’s Acre. They have an excellent clubhouse, which is situated just half a mile from the main road. The greens are spacious and heavily contoured. Overall, the Kings Acre is a great place to include in your Scotland itinerary, especially if you’re into golf.


Borthwick Castle



A Scottish trip isn't complete without staying at a castle, right. Besides, Scotland is known for its magnificent castles and most of these places can now be hired for a very reasonable price. So of course, we took advantage of this opportunity and decided to stay at the Borthwick Castle in Midlothian.



Set amidst a lush green landscape, the Borthwick Castle is an ideal location for those who want a relaxing place to stay during their holiday in Scotland. We also love the history behind this medieval castle and enjoyed touring around all the castles in Scotland, it really didn’t get old, for want of another expression. This is where Mary Queen of Scots fled with her husband to seek sanctuary during the 15th century. It is in this castle where they spent their last days together before being separated for the rest of their lives.


Romantic Trip to St. Andrews



Another highlight of our Scottish holiday is our visit to St. Andrews, a charming seaside town on the coast of Fife. We explored its historical sights, swim at the beaches, and strolled at the parks that open to the most romantic seaside views!



The St. Andrews Cathedral is perhaps the most notable attraction in this town. We climbed at the top of the tower of this medieval cathedral and explored the deep underground that led us towards a secret bunker. If you want an exciting way of learning about the town’s history, we suggest you join one of those Ghost tours, it was worth it to watch Claire jump.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb