Catching up on photos


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 11th 2018
Published: May 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Trying to do some catching up.

To start with:

Here were some photos from the visit to the Cliffs of Moher, which we saw walking both ways, many steps ups and downs., and then actually saw from the water on a rock and rollling boat. David was so brave! It was worth it. Waves were only 2 meters. Tomorrow they were to be 5 meters.

Then we drove thru the Burren, a fascinatingly stark and barren area.

Our hosts were lovely people.

Then we drove all the way from the Galway area to Dublin for one ;final evening near the airport.

the next photos are our visit to Trim Castle, the largest and most impt of the Norman castle/fortresses, and neolithic Bru na Boinne. Fascinating.

We crashed - long days all, and we are to be off to Glasgow tomorrow at 7 am, so up at 4 am.



The 10th - wow. An even longer day than usual. We drove to the Falkirk Wheel just in time to watch the long boat full of school children be raised up to the next level of water. then off to Stirling Castle - an hour of the most wonderful guided tour led by someone who reminded us of Robin Williams explaining the beginning of the game of golf. Then a long drive past Ft. William to our b&b.



And here we are on the 11th -

after yet another full Scottish breakfast (fuller for some than others), we headed off to Skye, stopping at an impressive memorial for the Commandos (they trained nearby). Ashed of Commandos can be scattered here. ABout 2 hours to the bridge at Kyle of Localsh. Did we expect bad weather? Yes, but we were blessed by lovely weather most of the day. Views were great. Sadly the Talisker Distillery Tours were all sold out 😞 but we bought sampler sized bottles. Then we continued on to see the sights, and ended up going completely around one of the peninsulas. Many lambs, some singles, some twins, some all white, some black faced and spotted. All so cute.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb