Edinburgh to Glencoe


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands
April 23rd 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

GlencoeGlencoeGlencoe

Monsieur having lunch by the loch
Bonjour mes amies

Sorry for the deluge but blogging in Scotland is not easy - the signal is intermittent to say the least.

We left Sandy sadly and set off on the second leg of our adventure. Glencoe was to be the stopping off place on the way to the Isle of Skye.

How do I even begin to describe this phenomena? Glencoe has a sense of foreboding, beauty and spirituality that you need to experience rather than read about.

The constantly changing colours and weather add to the mystery as you drive through - around each bend you emit yet another ahhhhh. I am wary of using language beyond that of amazing, out of this world, awsome etc etc which I feel we now use to describe fairly non descript things out of habit. When you see sights like this you realise where these words and expressions really belong.

We stayed in Kinlochleven in a hostel called Blackwater Hostel - very nice and run by a guy from Northern Ireland who came there 4 years ago for a week and never went home.

The Hostel is stituated right on the West Highland Way and
GlencoeGlencoeGlencoe

Yes it is snow on the hills!
there were many walkers out and about enjoying the magnificent scenery. The clear weather adding to the detail in fact so clear was it that it looked as though it had been put there by an artists brush for us to savour and remember.

We are off to Skye and I will send you a blog dedicated to this as it is the most amazing place. Hopefully I will be able to log on and do this soon.

Love to all
Monsieur et Madame
xxxxxxxxxxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

A waterfall
GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Loch Lubnig


23rd April 2010

I've enjoyed reading your Scotland posts! It's a place I've yet to travel to, but your posts have been so informative, I feel like I'm there! My blog is looking for travel photos, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)
25th April 2010

Pictures
blog super despite signal..photographs are fabulousxx
25th April 2010

Looks beautiful. Glad you had some clear weather on these days. Ian looks cold though!

Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb