The Hills are Alive with the Sound of...Sheep


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Stirlingshire » Stirling
June 22nd 2015
Published: June 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday, June 20th, I went with a few friends to explore the big hill that overlooks the University of Stirling campus, known as Dumyat Hill. We had no idea what path to take to make it to the top, so we pretty much decided to make our own. A case of American arrogance, I guess! We started off on a path, but that eventually led us to the middle of a sheep pasture. After hopping the barbed wire fence of the pasture, we just started walking uphill figuring we would eventually find a trail that leads to the top. That took a little longer than we thought it would. After walking along steep ridges and making our way through little valleys created by streams (not to mention a lot of angry stares from confused sheep) we finally made it to a trail that took us to the top of the hill. It was well worth the trek, as we could see for what felt like a hundred miles from the top. The way back down was much friendlier, as we stuck to a path this time. We walked a total of 8 miles (mostly uphill, and barefoot through the snow) and reached an elevation of over 1,300 feet. Needless to say, it was a Saturday well spent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb