Nothing but Blue Skies


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Stirlingshire » Stirling
August 8th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Camille Gets the Discipline She DeservesCamille Gets the Discipline She DeservesCamille Gets the Discipline She Deserves

Sentenced to life for too much thumb sucking!
Today was awesome. We were the quintessential tourists. We started the day by driving to Stirling and visiting its castle. While in Stirling we stopped by The Church of the Holy Rude, then the old jail, and walked the town centre. After that we went up to Alva, Scotland. This is the village that was this year’s first teaching match that didn’t work out. It was a beautiful town bordering the Ochil (Oak-Hill) Mountains. Camille bagged her second peak, albeit sleeping. I will undoubtedly return there, as the hill walking was to die for, as the pictures will show. I also must return to golf the Alva Golf Club. The course bordered these stunning hills.

After that we went to the William Wallace Monument. Following that we had dinner in a quaint Italian Café. All in all, an absolutely perfect day. Did I mention the sun was shining all day long? And that we saw our first bagpipers?



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Church of the Holy RudeChurch of the Holy Rude
Church of the Holy Rude

I just love that name! The priest was telling us that all the folks in the graveyard are buried facing Jerusalem so that when Christ returns they can stand up and head straight there. I told Elizabeth that would be cool if it happened while we were here.
Camille and PapaCamille and Papa
Camille and Papa

The William Wallace Monument is off in the distance behind us.


9th August 2007

Wow!!! Absolutely amazing - all of it. Keep posting pictures like that and you'll have more visitors than you originally thought : )
9th August 2007

Information
Just wondered if you knew that grandpa Broadbent's name was William Wallace Broadbent. Name after him, as Grandma tells the story.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb