Stirling Castle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Stirlingshire » Stirling
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Stirling Castle

 Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Stirling By Smartie
March 30th 2007 Today we went to Stirling Castle in Stirling, Scotland. My Uncle Kevin took the day off work so we could go. Its quite a cute little town with a lot of history. The castle was pretty cool, being able to go through all the rooms. We went to the cemetary where my Great Great Grandpa was buried which was right down from the castle. We packed a lunch and since it was a pretty good day we sat outside the castle on the castle grounds and ate our lunch. This was my very first castle that I had seen since I'd been here so I was pretty interested in everything. As you can see in some of the photos there were alot of windows, doors, and hallways filled in with different stones and some pathways that should of been outside a building but there wasn't a building anymore. Really interesting. Hope you enjoy the photos and get a feel for the castle like I did.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Stirling CastleStirling Castle
Stirling Castle

This was the entrance way up to the castle.
Me at Stirling CastleMe at Stirling Castle
Me at Stirling Castle

I'm walking through the entrance of the castle.
Dana, Paige and IDana, Paige and I
Dana, Paige and I

This is in front of the castle.
Stirling CastleStirling Castle
Stirling Castle

I don't know if you can see it but there's a different path of stone work which they think there once was a building where we were standing.
Stirling CastleStirling Castle
Stirling Castle

This building was build for partys and sorts.
Stirling CastleStirling Castle
Stirling Castle

The detail on the sides of some of the buildings was pretty amazing.
Stirling CastleStirling Castle
Stirling Castle

More Buildings
Stirling CastleStirling Castle
Stirling Castle

The King and Queen chairs right in front of one of the many fireplaces.
The Special Occasion BuildingThe Special Occasion Building
The Special Occasion Building

Apparently they would fill this building with more people than it could hold and no one could move.
Woven RugWoven Rug
Woven Rug

It takes about 4 years everyday to complete on of these rugs. I sure wouldn't have the patience however some people do cause they were working on some when we were there.
The Hidden Second FloorThe Hidden Second Floor
The Hidden Second Floor

I don't know if you can see this but there used to be a staircase up to a second floor.
Fire PlaceFire Place
Fire Place

This fireplace has been built in with stones for some reason.
One of the Main rooms in the castleOne of the Main rooms in the castle
One of the Main rooms in the castle

The fireplaces were so big.
Funny StoryFunny Story
Funny Story

I went into this little house and looked in this room and the man that you see seemed really real and scared the crap out of me.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb