Blogus Interruptus


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Shetland
August 24th 2023
Published: September 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

A different view of St Paul'sA different view of St Paul'sA different view of St Paul's

Have to have at least one picture and this one is pretty nice
This blog has been more difficult than any previous series. The lack of internet on the cruise ship really puts me behind. Yes, there is internet available, I’m just too cheap to pay for it. Then Dianne came down with a nasty cold in Liverpool and gave it to me in Greenock. Mine seems to be a lot worse. Turns out it is full blown COVID-19. The bad news is I am quarantined in our cabin. Dianne tested negative so she is free to gad about. It is particularly nasty (the COVID, not that she can gad about)

One funny story that is relevant (unlike some of my other funny stories). After eight fun filled days in London (yes, I will be blogging about the last four days) we headed to Southampton and the Island Princess. We got to Waterloo Station in plenty of time. The train ride is less than 90 minutes, and it is a short taxi ride over to the docks. The Princess check in procedures went smoothly, and before we knew it, we were in our cabin.

Well, we were in it but…. You get a medallion to hang around your neck that gives you access to your room and the ability to charge anything you want to buy. The door to our stateroom was open already so the first thing I wanted to do was make sure I knew how to open it again. Hmmmm. No luck. Even a crew member couldn’t figure it out. Dianne went in search of an answer.

The answer was great news! Dianne had received an email from Princess, but it had gone into her spam. It claimed we had been upgraded but we weren’t keen on opening anything in spam. It turned out we had been upgraded. Instead of an inside cabin with a queen sized bed, we now had a room with a king bed and a nice window to look out. We were on the lowest deck, but we are happy with this change. Our medallions had already been set for the new room.

I am really glad we had the extra room to accommodate our friend COVID. Princess has been very helpful in setting up meals, and towel and sheet services. They even provide free internet to quarantine victims. And complementary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The only trouble is my throat is so sore I can’t enjoy swallowing them.

If you saw how many errors I made just typing this small offering, I hope you will understand why this is going on hold. After all, it is ToBeContinued

Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 22; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb