A running around day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Dunblane
July 23rd 2012
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately Chris had to go back to work today so Alex, Shane and Karla decided to head out and go for a drive, as we opened the front door to see it was pouring rain, this did not deter us and once we jumped over the river in the driveway to get to the car we were off.

On our way to Balloch we stoped at Doune Castle. It was build in 15th Century as a private home for the Kings brother, although it was not completed in time before his death so the castle was left to ruin until the 18th century when it started to get preserved. This is the only known castle in Scotland that has not been added too or built on from its original design. It was a really cool castle with rooms and cellars within huge castle walls.

After leaving Doune we drove the rest of the way to Balloch to see some of Loch Lomond. Due to the rain the hills were mostly covered in mist and clouds but it was a wonderful Scottish view none the less. We had a walk round the shops before grabbing a bite to eat then drove back to Dunblane.

We spent a couple of hours running around the village doing our final jobs and buying sweeties for all our friends.

When we got home Shane and Karla ordered a Chinese to eat for supper as a treat to our great hosts. We ate, chatted and then packed the mountain of stuff in our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb