Window cills - the finishing touch


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Aberfeldy
July 5th 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Some people Willy met in the pubSome people Willy met in the pubSome people Willy met in the pub

...and brought back home. You may recognise some of them...
This week was a "wow" week - Keith finished putting in the window cills and suddenly the house has taken a further leap from building site to house.

The matter of colour schemes is getting out of hand, as we don't like the same colours, and now have about 7 different samples on the wall of the wee back bedroom - and we've rejected all of them.

We have almost finished the bathroom - have a look at the pohoto, which cunningly disguises the fact that we only had a sample pot of the burgundy paint on the wall above the bath and that we ran out of tiles just beyond the washbasin. So there's a bit of tiling and a bit of painting to do - then we have one room totallly finished.

Willy's been busy sanding and sealing floors - has done our bedroom, the bathroom and most of the landing - but the landing's quite difficult to do all at once as you need to either time it carefully or leave enough space to walk on.

The good thing about getting the bedroom done, is that junk and tools from everywhere else can be
This is a window cillThis is a window cillThis is a window cill

A work of art and beauty
piled up in there, so that we can work on the other rooms.

Willy's now waiting for Hamie to come back and do a drains test & for Building Control to tell us waht else we need to complete before we can apply for temporary habitation.

It now really feels that the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a an oncoming train. Apart from the sanding and oiling/varnishing it was a pretty good week fantastic thunderstorms (almost 2 ins (45mm) of rain in less than 30hrs) impressive to watch particularly as Tober and the 2 woofers Ian and Jean were running back and forth taking spoil out of south byre in readiness for putting in the drains and foundations for the next conversion. Then Ewan and I went along to to the Lawers hotel for a quiet drink. Met Hamish, who helped with the baling way back, then Ian and Tober turned up followed by Iain (Grindlay) Katie and Rab. We all moved on to our house where we were joined by another of our earlier helpers, Keith (from Zimbabwe) and 2 South Africans so a small soiree ensued (till after 3am).

Friday Keith completed the window sills while I slowly tidied up before picking up Wendy for more sanding and oling of floors.

Saturday having decided on an early night we had just come out the bath when Andy invited us over for yet another soiree with some of his Czech friends Jan, Tomas and Daria so another late-ish night.

Had to rush back home for a house viewing on Sunday - but with any luck we'll have sold the house and be able to move out at the end of August.




















Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

FreezerFreezer
Freezer

This is the most enormous freezer I've ever owned
BathroomBathroom
Bathroom

looks ridiculously opulent
Moving in to our bedroomMoving in to our bedroom
Moving in to our bedroom

Not quite finished - wall to paint, stained glass window to fit and wardrobe to fit with shelves etc
Sunset from balconySunset from balcony
Sunset from balcony

more of a cloudscape really but sometimes still can't quite believe I live here


5th July 2009

contact
still sending music and DVDs but would help to know if they're getting through/watched/listened to as batch more in the offing. love what you have done with the house and look forward to stopping one day, maybe August. What is the new postal address inc postcode and I can get the labels prepared. now back from NZ nearly a month and had a wonderful time in the LAND OF THE LONG WHITE CLOUD - all the best from the polmont pirate!

Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 74; dbt: 0.1096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb