Scared of fog


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 9th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.9267, -2.94718

Packed up my belongings- they did manage to fit back into my bag. Walked to the bus stop with Andy and caught the bus into Swansea. Andy got off at the uni (he had to work) and I said good-bye and many thank-you's. At Swansea caught another bus to Cardiff- slept on the bus. Then another bus to the airport.

Considering that this was Cardiff's Internatinal Airport, it is very quiet!! Not much taking off or landing. The plane was delayed by half an hour. Once on board the pilot told us that we would arrive soon and that the weather was a nice 22 degrees- great!

40 mins later we had an announcement that it was too foggy to land in Edinburgh and instead we are landing at Glasgow!! Unbeliveable. What a hassle, I thought! We landed at sat on the plane for a while. We weren't able to get off until they had organised a way for us to get from here to Edinburgh. Then it was decided that we would fly there!! We continued to wait on the plane while they refueled. Then about a dozen people decided they wanted to get off here! What a pain, as they had to go through the bottom of the plane and find their luggage.

We waited for clearance and took off again. Flying quite low and slow, we arrived at Edinburgh 15 mins later and only 2 hours later than expected.

They were right, it was quite foggy in Edinburhg and cooler than Wales. Glad I packed my scarf and beanie. Found the hostel and had some dinner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb