Pub City


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 22nd 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ello ello!! Tis me again.

I can't believe i only have one week and 2 days left of my trip!! I've been away for a whole month!! Spun out. But i am looking forward to getting back home and back into training 😊

I gave Shelley a call on Sunday night, hope she said hi to everyone for me 😊 And is that damned post card there yet...? I hear bday golf day was fun, wish i had been there 😊 happy bday to everyone anyways for yesterday.

Ok, i last left you on Sunday morning. I ended up going to the Royal Commonwealth Pool (the one used for the Commonwealth games in 1984 ) and did a pump class. It was exactly the same as home, even down to the music!! The girl taking the class was nothing on Mr Bike shorts man tho 😉
When I got home, we just chilled for a bit, i didnt feel like going out yet, so gem and Mike went out, went to a pub all arvo i think haha. They got home bout 9.30pm, then we all got ready and met some of Mikes friends down at a pub for a drink. What started out a nice casual night rapidly turned into a drunken raucous occasion! We all got really pissed, then we went to the Oz Bar again, where we bought some beef jerky (which the Scottish boys said smelled like ass) and some red skins, coz they dont have those here!! After that we went to an Irish bar around the corner (every second building around here is a pub!) There was a live band playng which was cool, and it was packed and we were all pissed as farts and rowdy, so there are some pretty funny pictures to come! After that we went to Subway (the pub not the restaurant) but by this time it was about 3am so only the deros were left, so we went next door into Opium, which was playing (slightly) metal songs, so we were all on the dance floor jumping around and dancing which was really fun. Then we got to walk home for half an hour (crashing and burning the whole way) and finally got home at 5.30am. So that night was a bit of a binger. We went to bed and didn't get up until after lunchtime. Chilled out for a bit, then Mike went to work, so me and Gem went for a walk, i headed over to Crags Gym to do a class, and my sis went for a look around. After that we went to Mikes work, The Metropole (gayest name ever) which is a breakfast/lunch/dinner place, and got a free dinner, then just chilled out there until he finished, got home bout 11.30pm, watched tv then went to bed.
Now, today i am going to go climb a mountain and see the views, and tomorrow we are catching a bus up to the highlands to stay with another friend. Not coming back til Saturday, dont know if i'll have internet access there (ahh the northerners..they drink the blood of the dead!!) ((Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)).
Well, thats about it for now, take care, if i dont write soon, ill be back on sat and update ya. And by that time ill be a proficient highland dancer and ill bring back a highland cow each for everyone. Ta tas!! xoxoxoxoxJossiexoxoxoxoxox

Advertisement



23rd August 2006

Phew!
Phew! I feel exhausted just reading all this. Yep - we had fun on the golf day - Rob, the kids and I all wore purple and called ourselves the Mindless Violets. Young Rebecca joined our team; said she felt like an adopted child, with me going, 'Come on Rebecca, it's your turn.' Anyway, looking foward to your highland fling - with belly tatt showing!
23rd August 2006

Milk Thistle
In answer to your milk thistle query - I think you're going to need more than milk thistle - like a blood transfusion! (How's Gemma? Better now she's in an - almost - English speaking country?)

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb