Kilt City


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 20th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ach you wee li'l laddies and lassies! Aye!

I am in scotland!!! :D Edinburgh to be precise. It is so cool here!

Well, i left you last in Warsaw, we ended up going to the Rock Club (of course sophia piked *sigh*) on our last night, free beer again yay! Was rock karaoke, but dumb girls kept singing weird ass ballads in polish, and then the more drunken they got, the worse they were singing!!! Some good music in between karaoke songs tho. We met a young local guy who spoke really good english, has a nice chat with him..a very..um..passionate guy i must say. Basically he wants to bomb all germans. Nice guy tho 😉 haha Again we had to leave early coz gemma wasn't feeling well.

We got up the next morning early and packed our crap up. I went for a walk and picked up a couple of things and said goodbye to a couple of friends, then we caught a taxi out to the airport. Lucky we got there 2 hours early coz the queue was the slowest moving queue ever! It was even crapper coz everyone was getting shirty coz of the heat and the waiting, and then an airport worker came out with some flimsy plastic bags and said we weren't allowed to take anything on the plane (including actual handbags) except for phones, wallets etc. Not even allowed books!!! So now everyone is even crankier coz everyone is standing in line having to repack all of their things, and everyones valuables and private things are on display in clear plastic bags. So 1hr 45min later we checked in, went thru to duty frees, bought some HYPNOSE yay and went to get some lunch before the flight left. After that we went thru our gate, and even tho everything was in clear plastic bags and going thru the scanner, the staff were pulling everything out and going thru everything, wallets personal documents etc!! Such an invasion of privacy!! We then walked thru the scanner, and then some lady came up to me, i thought she was going to tell me to take my shoes off or something, and without warning she started patting me down...starting with my STOMACH with previously said fresh TATTOO!!! OWWWWW!!!!! I nearly wacked her!! THEN we were told that we weren't allowed to take mobile phones, digital cameras, lipgloss, sucky plane lollies and eyedrops on the plane. Please explain?!? It was the biggest load of crap ever. They sealed these very valuable things in crappy plastic bags and threw them on a pile with everyone elses stuff. Thats settling for the nerves isn't it?? We finally got on the plane, thoroughly disillusioned altogether with Warsaw.

The flight was only 2 hrs, and we touched down in Edinburgh, Scotland at about 4pm local time. Was so funny coz the only part of the descent we saw was the final 5metres before touching down coz the fog was so heavy. We got out in torrential rain and went thru customs and got baggage very quickly. Now, the problem was finding the sealed bags of valuables!! No one had told us where to get them, when i asked someone from the edinburgh airport, they said it sounded dodgy and that he didnt have a clue. Hmmm. Finally, we got our stuff and we went out to where our mate we met in Germany Mike and his mum (who is full Kiwi) Judy were waiting to pick us up. By this time there were practically flash floods haha. They took us on the scenic route home, past castles and such, but it was raining so heavily we couldn't see a thing!! We made it to their house, met the rest of the family. Then we got ready and went out for traditional Scottish fish and chips. Was nothing on ours Shelley 😉 They have a special sauce thats only made in Edinburgh that was nice. I tried haggis, it tastes exactly like the contents of a Mrs Macs beef pie!!! Finally we know whats in there!!! Ewwwwwww!!!
After that we went to a pub called the Southern Bar, bit trendy, had a drink and waited for Mikes friend Neill to meet us. We spent the evening on a bit of a pub crawl, and mainly gave each other shit about each others accents haha. We ended up at a place called the Udderbelly...basically its a blow up giant purple upside down cow as a tent with a bar underneath. Its all part of the Edinburgh festival, which we are right in the middle of, so everythings a bit crazy here at the moment. After that we called it a night, coz it was cold and we were very tired anyway.

Yesterday (Sat) we got up (so nice to have a comfortable bed to sleep in!!) and i came out for breakfast and lo and behold what do i find...Vegemite!!!! I have never been so happy! Its great here coz Judy is so cool, and we can just make ourselves at home and help ourselves to anything. Then we got ready and we went out for a walk on the town. It was nice and sunny which was good. We walked about town, its so lovely! So old school looking. Was good coz we had Mike as a tour guide, telling us where they hanged people, and where they rolled witcheds down hills in barrels and such. Coz of the festival it was packed and there was lots of street entertainment. Too bad everything is so expensive! (pounds) Then we went coz Mike wanted to show us an 'Australian' pub. I was very scared haha. It was called the OzBar, and it contained evry cheesy stereotype known to Australia. Was pretty cool tho, and Gemma was stoked coz they had Tooheys Extra Dry. I just stuck to my good ol tequila and pineapple juice. Gotta love it 😉
Now my interest was tickled, and it was lunchtime, so we went to another pub called the Walkabout. This one was posher, more upmarket. We sat down for a drink and got some lunch. Mike got a kangaroo burger, not listening to us informaing him that its not a delicacy, its dog meat, and he liked it at the time, but i think it sat wrong in his stomach later on heehee. After that we caught the bus home coz Mikes band was playing a gig that night. We got home, had 1/2 an hour to get ready then headed down to Opium Bar at about 6pm. Me and gem hung out while the bands were loading in, then at about 8pm the gig started. There were a couple of crappy bands, then a semi death metal band who were decent enough, then Mikes band who were really quite good! After the gig we came back home to drop the stuff off, were gonna go back out again but too tired so we stayed in and watched the Young Ones (Neil, dont you think that anyone listens to you or even cares what you ever say anyway!) then went to bed.

Now, its about 10am, im the only one up, so i might go for a run. Theres a nice looking cliff on the outskirts of town, saw some people running there yesterday, will go check it out...thats all for now, talk soon xoxoxoxoxoxoxJossiexxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo












Advertisement



23rd August 2006

Plot
I guess you eventually figured out that the placcy bags was because of the London terrorist plot not because the Polish are a bunch of miserable wretches!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb