The Wedding


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 3rd 2006
Published: August 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It is hard to imagine a more amazing wedding! When 2 function coordinators plan their own wedding, no detail is overlooked. The whole day was meticulously planned, and was the most amazing day.

The weather for the last few days has been cold, raining and generally nasty, however we awoke yesterday to a perfect clear sky and warm weather for Kristy and Kelsey's big day. The formalities of the ceremony were in a nice building near the centre of Edinburgh, where the vows were exchanged and the happy couple became officially married.

After the service, we were led to the next secret location, the Edinbugh Castle. On a private balcony overlooking the whole of Edinbugh, we were treated to fine champagne, nibblies and haggis, all accompanied by a bagpiper.

The view from the top of the castle is absolutley stunning, and with a perfect day it set the whole wedding off to a great start. The photos can't do the place justice.

Lunch was at a private manor a short drive away, the Prestonville hotel. It is a gorgeous old victorian style manor, where we had lunch, the speaches and a few wines to celebrate. Moving outside into the garden for dessert, the peacocks put on a show and the highland cows (pronounced "coos") made it a memorable day.

Yet another secret venue was organised for dinner and the continued reception, in a gin bar called the tun, 2 doors from our hotel. We partied like only aussies can, and more friends from Kristy and Kelsey's work joined us. The whole wedding was sensational from morning ceremony, till we left the Tun a very merry bunch. Cheers to the newly weds for organising a sterling wedding and many happy returns!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The weding cakeThe weding cake
The weding cake

Completed at about 2:30am the night before by the team of family here helping celebrate


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb