Arrived Edinburgh Scotland, Then to Wigan, UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
May 11th 2011
Published: May 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left the Thatch house this morning about 10am to drive to Dublin and then fly to Scotland.
It was freezing cold and windy in Ireland for our last day....even the locals commented....brrrrrrr.
Flight was very uneventful and we were into Scotland within the hour.
We picked up our rental car and GPS and headed into the heart of Edinburgh to the Radisson Blu Hotel only meters down the road from Edinburgh Castle and the Palace.
A truly amazing city and you fell like you have gone back a few hundred years.
The GPS got us there no problem. Chris driving very well in a new country.
We checked into a beautiful room to find a bottle of wine on ice with a note to take it down stairs to the Bar as there are 4 glasses waiting for us to enjoy a drink.
OMG another surprise it was Chris' Aunty Jane and Roy who had come all the way up as a surprise from Wigan England.
Hugs and tears all round and needless to say the only sightseeing we did that night was the pub across the road.

Wonderful night.

The next morning we were a little dusty but a coffee and the very fresh air soon sorted that out.
Chris and I said good bye to Jane and Roy and we took of to look around this beautiful city.

We then headed down to Wigan England which took us about 4 hours on a beautiful country drive through Scotland stopping for lunch at a quaint little town called Moffat. Found a nice little pub serving Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puds with the best gravy ever... Chris' a very happy camper.

Arrived to Jane and Roy's last night to have a nice night chatting and eating tradition take away. Needless to say more potatoes for Chris with a steak pudding and I opted for a Chinese meal.

We are staying in Wigan for a few days and will be catching up with family over a few meals and meeting lots of relatives.
Litlle Jacob loved his Spider Man outfit we gave him and his likeness to Jake Schofield is uncanny. (Pics to follow).

Love to everyone
Chris and Cath



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th May 2011
Cheeky Relatives

OMG...
Love the photo! Mum must of had a good couple of wines to A) allow you to take her photo and B) Smile about the fact she's having her photo!!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb