Selkirk, Scotland 1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday we traveled by train to Edinburgh from Liverpool. Eleanor met us there and we hopped the bus to Selkirk. We are at Eleanor's now. Johnnie was tired because she was singing & dancing at the Cavern again last night. There was about 60 people at the Club and a man was singing mostly Beatles songs. What is interesting is the average age of the people present was about 20 years of age. Johnnie felt like a really old Grannie. That again says lots about the music of The Beatles.

How well does Eleanor know Johnnie ? She gave her a magazine about the Beatles and a bulletin from the Church with Mass times. We've been having a really good visit. We will send a special photo later.
When Johnnie tells you about her last day in Liverpool you will really chuckle.

After supper Eleanor was showing Johnnie journals she kept from way back in the 60's. What came up was Eleanor is wild about The Walker Brothrs like Johnnie is about The Beatles. Johnnie told Eleanor when she goes into used music stores she looks for Walker Brothers recordings too...They talked about how they first started writing to each other.

Here is a tee hee...On one of the tours yesterday, Johnnie went past the John Lennon airport. The sign announcing the airport had John Lennon on it. It was a self portrait he did of himself. The sign has these words on it:
Above us only sky !

In one of the music presentations the man who had John's part came out and said he'd been singing & singing all week and would have to excuse himself because he had a bad case of Lennon-gytis....

And we went to the Liverpool Museum & got to listen to that rare recording of John back on July 6 1957 when he met Paul. There was two songs on it and Johnnie kept going back to listen to it.

Interesting that at the Liverpool Cathedral this morning Johnnie was called to serve.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb