Scottish Highlands


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
September 1st 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Scottish Highlands



The third day staying in Glasgow we rented a car (thanks for the deal Bert) and Dylan took over leading us North to the Scottish Highlands. We drove around for hours with nothing but rivers, lakes, mountains, and waterfalls. We did one hike through the mountains which was dangerously close to a long drop down. You could walk each trail for hours but we would go for an hour or 2 then head back to the car and keep on driving. We headed to Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK, and decided to begin the trek. It said it takes 6-8 hours to hike, so we thought we would do our best. Dylan had decided he would be the most fashionable person on the hill that day, so he wore casual shoes, jeans, and a jean jacket. It rained for most of the day, and the climbing is mostly through very rocky areas, and there is even a sign warning climbers to have the proper gear before leaving. We even walked by a few people who said, 'look at what he's wearing'. Lowry thought he was in some kind of an Olympic race and he marched ahead while Dylan and I would stop to take pictures and enjoy the view...if it was a race, he won without a doubt though. We climbed less than half of the mountain then decided to head back after going on little sleep and having no water with us. It was a long, wet, and tiring day...but well worth it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb