The Scottish Adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
October 13th 2005
Published: November 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The LakesThe LakesThe Lakes

Our windy trip the the Lake District
Thursday; our Scottish adventure. We set off to Scotland via the Lake District. The Lake District is lovely, and has great windy roads. Apart from the cold it would have been a good motorcycle road. We had lunch in Beatrice Potter country. We found another traditional pub (they’re everywhere)! Some of the roads around here were very tiny.

After our lunch break, we set off again, through the country side to the motor way to “THE NORTH”. Mick of course napped most of the way! We got to Scotland early evening on the west coast side, and drove into Edinburgh just on dusk. The hire car has a thermometer that reads the outside temperature, which got to 5 degrees C. Inside the car was nice though.

We eventually found the hotel, after ringing it up to get more directions (which were in a very broad accent). It was a big old converted house (not unlike the Tenterfield house for those who know). We checked in and went up to our room. WOW huge! 17-foot ceilings, opulent curtains, a couch, fridge, the works and to our great surprise wireless Internet!

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and our
The LakesThe LakesThe Lakes

Our windy trip the the Lake District some more
waitress was a nice Irish girl! After dinner (because we were stuffed) we went for a walk. I stupidly wore my boots, and after we had walked for an hour my feet were screaming. Also it was quite late at night and my boots were CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP through the quiet Edinburgh back streets.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The LakesThe Lakes
The Lakes

Our lunch in yet another pub!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb