The Royal Yacht Britannia


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We didn't do very much today but we did take one tour of The Royal Yacht Britannia, a boat that the royal family takes their vacations on, to get away from everyone. Also members take honeymoons on this boat and stuff. It was about an hour and a half long tour and you started on the top level and worked your way down. I don't know what it is about these audio tours but it was another audio tour, which is cool, with the numbers on the wall and the phone-like device that you bring with you to each room. There was the Queen's bedroom, her study, the drawing room, all the decks, the soldier's quarters, the laundry room (which was about the size of our kitchen and my bedroom put together!), the hospital, and of course the engine room. There were a lot of other things but those are the ones I remember most. I took a lot of pictures too so you can check those out.
By the time we finished that, it was pretty late into the afternoon so we hung out at the apartment until dinner. Tomorrow we are going to Hamilton to visit family and then the next day is our last day in Edinburgh. Monday, we're traveling the Castle Trail then that night we're staying in one of them. A week from Monday is when we get home, the 9th of July. Eleven days left!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

the dining roomthe dining room
the dining room

look how many forks they use! and i thought 2 was a lot.
a hat shapera hat shaper
a hat shaper

hahahaha
messing aroundmessing around
messing around

my parents go so slow through the tours that we have to find some way of entertainment while we wait for them at the end. weird faces happens to be one of them.


29th June 2007

Hello
Goofy faces always work in our family too! Love, Aunt Robin
29th June 2007

haha
hahaha, I love y'alls ideas for amusement, I would have probably done the same thing. Anyways, that yacht looks really big! When do you take the Hogwarts train?
1st July 2007

i love yalls way of intertaining your selves! i probably would of done the same thing! Does the boig yacht still run or is it just there for display? Well, it sounds like you guys had another fun day at the yacht!! can't wait for tomorrows day!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb