Weather Smether


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I was walking to work this morning in pouring rain and gusty winds, my umbrella went top side up about 10 times. About an hour later looked outside, not a cloud in the sky and heat in the sun when i went to do some banking for work. This is not unusual 😊 everyday there seems to be a sudden change in the weather and if there isn't, then its not common.

Have decided as i seem to be a little bit larger, even though i walk everywhere in this town (work feeds me to well, plus comfory food!!) that i will just walk faster. Just did 20 min walk from work to library and got a bit of a sweat up underneath my jacket, then 100 steps to the computers (nowhere seems to have lifts).

Well survived work on Saturday night, the bar did £30,000 over 2 nights, £20,000 on saturday, the most they have ever done since they have been open! The six nations was on, Ireland vs Scotland and was warned that when these two cultures get together over drinks its always bound to be a big night. Again, its always going to be a lock in at work too!! so didnt get out of the bar until 6.30, and there was 10 people still there when i left (staff that is). Getting better at the wine game (Finding the wine 1st pop) and still getting dug about my accent. Its funny, most people pick it, but i reckon about 1 in 10 say that im from New Zealand! Bazaareo world.

Its funny getting into a routine where im living. You pretty much socialize mostly in the kitchen and in the lounge, and even though there is 70 people where im living long stay, i see the same 10 or so people. I get up, go to the kitchen, theres Adam (USA), Eve (Male, French) Martine (french canadian) Amelie (fc) Nurel (spanish) Ryan (Tassie) Mark (adelaide) and a whole other aussies and french canadians that i have massive shats to but cant remember there names!! plus the seven or so people that work in the reception that live there to, mostly aussies and canadians so even though there is a lot of people it still feels like these are your extended housemates! Most are just working to get some money up, some are just trying to extend there money s long as possible so they dont have to work, pretty much all work in hospitality if they do.

Have got 2 consecutive days off next week so have organised to go up to Aberdeen for them, which will break up the work a little. 3hrs on the bus, £8 return trip which is pretty good. Have booked the flying parts of the trip so got some pretty good deals on them I think!! Well off to join the crew for dinner, then maybe might join tonights pub session.

I'm reading things too, just reread Anne Frank Diary and asked what i should read to the people at work. One of them was Trainspotting, has anyone ever tried to read that, its in Scottish! If i wasnt here then I wouldnt be able to understand it, but becasue im hearing their sland all the time its a little bit easier, still i think i'll try smething else.

Well not much else, it got pretty cold here the last couple of nights, the wind gushes through these little cobbled streets like theres bulls chaising it, not many umbrellas ive noticed!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb