Day 11 - separate ways


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
October 5th 2022
Published: October 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we split up and did different things. Don got up at 4:30 am and drove 1.5 hours to Saint Andrews to try to play the old course. Unfortunately, only the people who basically spent the night in the queue were able to get a spot so about noon, he headed back.

I’m the meantime, I packed up our laundry and went to a local laundrette. It was a nice relaxing morning with my book.

When Don got back, we went for a fish and chips lunch where a talkative Scotsman regaled us with stories about his naval family in the US.

We walked from there to the National Museum of Scotland. It didn’t help us get too familiar with the history of Scotland, unfortunately. Then we did the Hop On, Hop Off bus around the city which, as always, provides a great overview.

When we got off, we went for a drink at the oldest pub in Edinburgh - The White Hart. It was tiny but a fun stop. We broke the 10km walking distance again today.

Next we wandered around the Grassmarket area. We had a lovely dinner at a Kurdish restaurant and are calling it an early night as we have an early start with a tour of the Edinburgh Castle tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb