4 reasons it is actually better to travel on your own


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 2nd 2014
Published: August 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

You’ve always wondered how come some people prefer to go on a trip on their own. After all, isn’t it the at least 5 friends you’re usually bringing with you that make the whole experience fun and unforgettable?! Who will be carrying the suitcases if your boyfriend is not around? Who is going to take all the pictures of you if you are alone? Taking a descent selfie with the Eiffel tower can turn out to be a mission impossible, believe me!

Well, it does have some downsides, but travelling alone can also be… let’s just say it – PRETTY AWESOME!!! And here are some of the reasons!

YOUR holiday

The most suitable time for me to get few days off of work is next month, but Holly said she can only do it in two weeks. And the tickets for Portugal are so expensive now. The rest prefer to just keep it cheap and in a driving distance. Oh, I guess they’re right. We can plan the big trip for next summer.

Well, if you’re travelling alone you’ll never have problems like this one. It’s your time, your destination, YOUR HOLIDAY. So pick the dates that suit you best, pick the place you want to see and ENJOY IT!

Then you can invite Holly and the others over for dinner and show them the gorgeous photos from the Lagos beach you’ve asked this hot local guy to take for you.

Cheap tickets and accommodation

As you’re travelling alone you can always take advantage of the limited discounts companies are doing on plane tickets and hotels. Or just be a free bird and do some couch surfing while meeting new and awesome people. Who cares that Mary would rather stay in that posh hotel?

The freedom to do whatever you want

No more “Tomorrow we have to see this, this and that.”! No more giving up on your own plans for the universal happiness!

You want to go and watch this musical tonight? Well, then you are going there! Which is even better nobody around you will give you the angry look because you’re constantly discussing (as quietly as possible) what is happening on the stage with your already bored to dead boyfriend.

Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas…

…unless you did not go there with four other people that will constantly remind you of your drunkest night once you’re back into Reality land.

Go and sing with those buskers! Dance (or pretend that you can dance) salsa! Go to the nudist beach! Don’t listen to what your mother used to say anymore and talk with as many strangers as you can! The best ways to see a place is to blend with the locals and as you don’t have other company you’re just forced to do it, right?



And then have a look on these grumpy group travellers on the plane back home and wonder “Why on earth are they doing this to themselves?!”

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb