Glasgow hostel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 20th 2008
Published: August 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is the worst hostel I never stayed.
First, when you book online, it's written Zimbabwe in your confirmation... Weird!!
Second, there is three name for this place: Rucksacks hostel, Globetrotters hostel and Berkeley hostel.
Situation of the hostel:
60 berkeley street
glasgow, G3 7DS, United Kingdom
+44 141 221 0372
NEVER GO THERE!!!!

I went there in August 2008 with my girlfriend. We booked online a month before and called the week before to make sure everything was OK. The guy said: "Yes, it's alright, you will have a room."
The day we arrived in the hostel, the guy at the reception tell us that the hostel was full and there was no room for us. We said we booked, we saw our name in the booking sheets, but there was no place. After few minutes of discussion, more people came in and ask for their room, but nothing for everybody who booked before, we were eleven people... After more discussion, the guy offered us to stay in the lounge for 10£/per night per person: expensive for THIS place, but less than all the other hostel we can find, anyway all the hostels were full because it was August, and there was the Festival in Edinburgh. So, we accepted and went downstair to reserve a couch for MC and me.

The lounge smelled really bad, the couches are... I don't want to touch them directly... There were no lock for all the toilets, the showers had no door (it was broken and stored just beside the shower). We found cockroachs in the showers and old plates (with food in it) in many drawers. There was a small place outsite just beside the lounge, this place smelled pee, old cigarettes, humidity... The kitchen (yes, there was a kitchen there), how you can imagine this room? A lot of stacks of old dishes, dirty water in the signs, small fruit flies all around, nobody washed this place for years...

The night... I think I was better on the sidewalk! There was lights above us and we can't close them. The reception refused to gave us sheets or pillows... The couches are still disgusting, but we tried to sleep on them... In the night, two drunk guys...

(the rest of the story will follow soon)




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb