We've arrived !


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 6th 2005
Published: August 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Finally, Canadian Affair our ticket seller and MyTravel, our carrier got us to Glasgow. The only thing good about this part of the adventure was a good tail wind that got us at the Glasgow terminal an hour ahead of schedule. Canadian Affair had supposedly set up for a special group book in of the band at YVR. An hour and a half later Robb and I made it after watching people in the nearby "regular" line up seemingly fly by.
The plane was the most crammed ever. There was so little leg room and space between the seats that not only did legs cramp up but so did my arm. Can't comment on the movies or music because the speaker jacks for my seat were not working. Refreshments were available but 1£ (2.50) for a 5 oz can of Pepsi?? Meal service was provided free and it was a traditional British presentation of "bangers and mash". It too was a hit with our group.
Finally we landed, cleared customs, stepped out of the terminal and were immediately "upgraded" to our bus which was luxurious compared to MyTravel. Comfortable, spacious seating, with nice cool air conditioning and a friendly jovial driver.
Lots of construction work on the highway to Stirling but about 45 minutes later we were at the Stirling University and our temporary 2 day lodgings in Alexander Court.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb