Glasgow, Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 27th 2019
Published: August 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

What a beautiful sunrise from the plane. Neither of us slept well but we managed to stay awake the whole day. The attendants were very good at Air Canada but the meal was just so so. The plane was a hour and half late taking off but that just meant we arrived at 8 rather than 6:30am. So we dropped our bags at the Jurys Inn and proceed to Starbucks for our morning latte. Got a new SIM card from Scotland so TELUS doesn’t get a chance to make unreasonable charges to my account. Found out some of my money was recalled so had to find a bank to exchange them. After some sight seeing on foot we did the hop on hop off bus to get a fuller lay of the City. We stopped at the Museum of Modern Art which was a waist of time. The best part of this was the Wellington statue with a traffic cone on his head. Then off to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum which was well worth the visit. We spent time walking around part of it at George Square which is kind of funny as they removed King George lll statue after he lost the American Colonies and put Sir Walter Scott on the central monument but left the name??? Had a beer/wine at Tennents Bar and an appetizer. Tired. Got our room finally and vegged.
We were going to do a day tour of the Highlands but didn’t want to wake early so will hit some other tourist places and pubs!!!!
Cheers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb