St Kilda (work party 3) June 2006 Day 11


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Another damp and miserable day greeted us and being Sunday David conducted another church service after breakfast.I finished off the gate, using some bolts that Roddy a Qinetiq maintainence engineer had supplied.
It had been previously arranged that Kenny,a radar technician,would take us up to the radar installation and conduct a tour to show us the hardware.He took us up the 1957 road in a land rover,scary to say the least its a good job he knew the way!
It was now mid afternoon and it was a wet miserable day,we signed the visitors book and Kenny returned to the village with those that wanted ,the rest of us setting off for a walk to Ruival via Mullach Sgar.Walking through the low cloud we eventually reached Ruival which fortunately was slightly below the cloud base.We lingered awhile checking out the Eider nest and musing on the lot of the "petrel heads" over on Dun.
On returning to the village David had a suprise for for us.Dinner tonight was "Christmas" with all the trimmings,a real boost after the rainy day.He pulled out all the stops,and we were treated to a real feast that included Christmas crackers and an iced Christmas cake.After going missing David reappeared dressed as Santa and had a gift for us all....a smashing time and a lovely end to the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb