Homecoming


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Isle of Skye
December 11th 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Singapore was a great refresh, sitting out in the steamy gardens, then getting a nice long hot shower. Then the long flight back to London, 14 hours, ouch, over India, Iran, Cental Europe etc, had a scare when the entertainment was not working but they got it fixed, after all if the entertainment system is not working, think of the other things that could go wrong.

Touched down back at Heathrow at 5am, the earliest Heathrow would let us, and was delighted to see things had not changed, due to staff shortages the ticket office at the underground was not to be manned that morning, brilliant.

Made my way in the early stages of rush hour to Gatwick, hung around there for ages in fatigued daze, then got my short Easyjet flight up to chilly Inverness Airport, was delighted when it manouvered in that it flew in over where my grandparents used to live. Then met Ma and Pa, had a much looked forward to meal of beans and chips in the local Tesco, then the 3 hour journey back to their cotage on the Isle of Skye.

Good to be back, sure it will be great to go away agian too!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb