Inverness and surrounds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
September 1st 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

A normal rise for us today. We have got a bit planned, but not too much today. We got our clothes washed at the Laundromat and had a look around the city. We also booked our “Dolphin cruise”. This is a 2hr cruise to see some Moray Dolphins that frequent the harbour. Before the cruise, we decided to try the Pancake Parlour’s pancakes. They were huge, but very nice. After this, we went to our cruise.

The cruise was quite relaxing, but there were no Dolphins to be seen at all. About all we saw was a few ducks. The trip was enjoyable though and before long, we were back at the pier. We were supposed to be transported back to the city centre, but the bus broke down and the tour operator ended up ordering maxi taxi’s to get us back to the city.

Once back, we picked up the laundry and decided on a trip to Aviemore to have a look around there. There was also a Trespass factory outlet there and I was keen on getting some liquid to protect the new jacket I got last week. The outlet didn’t have any, but it was a nice little town to stroll through. Looked very much like an alpine village, which I’m sure it will be in the months to come, once winter takes hold.

Nicole saw a sign on the way in for a Heather centre which sounded interesting. We were both interested after seeing Heather Gems in some shops recently. As most would know, Heather is a small woody shrub, and the Heather Gem is those twigs dried out, coloured, compressed and glued together, then buffed and coated so it looks like a gem stone. It looks awesome.

We then started to head back to the hotel and saw a sign to Carr Bridge. I saw a photo of this a few days ago and thought we’d not be able to get to see it. It was only 4 miles away, so we had a look. It was quite impressive, especially with the water flowing underneath it so fast. Perfect photo opportunity.

From there, we headed back to the hotel to start packing again as we are heading to Oban tomorrow and don’t want to be rushed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb