Inverness to Oban


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Argyll » Oban
September 2nd 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we travelled to Oban via Fort William. Seemed to be a very nice place, walked through High St (there’s one in every bloody city!!) got a few souvenirs and naturally, the Orkney Ice cream which is downright beautiful!! On leaving Fort William, we headed across the west coast to Eileen Donan Castle. The scenery was fantastic, you could see how brilliant the glaciers had made the mountains, with many little streams running down the mountainside. Luckily Nic was able to get a few pics on the way, despite the rain that found us when we hit the highlands.

When we got to Eileen Donan Castle, there were a fair few visitors, despite the rain. We also found out this was where parts of Highlander was filmed. After the photo session, we headed to the café for more Scottish tucker, as always, very tasty.


We then headed back the way we came, and onto Rare Breeds Park. There we found black Highland Cows (which were the original variety), Red Deer, and a Deer Stag which was stood as majesticly within captivity as you see on postcards. After here, we headed for our accommodation at Kilchrenan, at Oban. On arrival, we lugged our bags up the stairs and into a very nice room!! We headed out for tea as it was getting late, found a Fish and Chip shop on the waterfront, where we tormented the local seagulls.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb