The Scotland Experience


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On my last night of my 5 day tour to the highlands of Scotland and I must say, Scotland countryside is amazing. The view, scenery, not really weather, but everything about it was awesome. I'll chuck photos onto Facebook one day, probably not soon since I lost my camera stuff (inc spare battery and usb =[ ). First day was a long drive to Skye Island in Northwest Scotland. Very very nice place, the drive was long so we got there at like 6pm, so it was just dinner and drinks for the rest of the day. Can't remember the place we stayed, but it was small and pretty much only had one pub. It was awesome, they had two people playing a fiddle and one of those piano-thing on hands where you squeeze it and it makes noise. Can't remember what it's called. Did some scottish dancing and drank the night away.

Second day we went on a hike that lasted about 2.5 hours. Apparently it was meant to take 1.5 hours but our tour group got lost - we took a wrong turn to meet the tour leader, but it ended up being an awesome hike, wind blowing, bit of rain, through the mountains. Again, pictures later on. Next two days wasn't too exciting, we did see freaked awesome scenery, shit you wouldn't see in many other countries around the world. I ended up getting sick with the cold though, but after some alcohol it got better. Oh and we also went to Lochness, at 10am, probably 8 degrees, and I went for a dip in 6 degree water. Good experience - I went for a swim in Lochness!

Anyway, heading back to Edinburgh tomorrow, staying overnight and hopefully getting to Dublin on Monday. May stay in Belfast for one night, but we'll have to see.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb