Inverness


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After getting our canal license, and paying for the marina, we went into the town for a look and a bit to eat. Inverness is a nice place with old houses situated on either side of of the river Ness, though it is very apparent that tourism is a major part of its income.

On the fourth of july when we finally got out of the boat we went out and walked around town by our selves. Later I met Jørgen and Olav, who finally got the sail jacket, that he had ordered before leaving Norway, it was only two days until he would leave the boat and would not have much use for it in this lovely wether, but it was a bargain. We sat down at a cafe where we met Arne and ordered Ice coffee while the sun was shinning. It must have been 27 degrees or so, it was very warm.

We went to "odd bins", a liquor store and had a taste of the whisky they sell there, very good service, ended up buying a interesting bottle called "monkey shoulder", named after a strain injury common in old time whisky production.

Jørgen and I went to a boat equipment store, arrived 20 min before it closed. They had so much stuff that we could have spent hours there, but we only bought some map we needed further on our trip, our plan is to go back on our return.

Later we met Olav and Arne and went to a nice restaurant. After the meal, Olav, Jørgen and me went to a pub were we met an american pensioner, that had settled here with his scottish wife. We talked about allot of things. His favorite beer is Guinness although he married into the family owning Mc Ewens. The bar closed at midnight, and the bartender told us that there was other bars closing at three, but you had to be there before midnight to be allowed to stay. When we got back to the boat Jørgen and I took some blankets and pillows and went to sleep on the deck in the warm night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb