Living Like Royalty


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leslie is writing today's blog, because Emma is exhausted from all the castles we've made her explore. We left Edinburgh yesterday, crossed the Firth Of Forth bridge, and went to Pitlochry to see the salmon ladder (it helps the salmon swim upstream over the dam).
Next we drove on some really narrow roads, through some amazing scenery (mountains, heather, sheep-some in the road!) We spent the night at the Kidrummy Castle Hotel (overlooking the 13th century ruins of the first castle). It was a very lovely wee castle (with no internet, John and Emma complained) We had haggis!
This morning (after having a hearty Scottish breakfast) we went to Balmoral Castle -- See the movie "The Queen" -- I was thrilled, everyone else, not so much. Caroline like the Queen's dresses on display, John liked hearing about John Brown -- see the movie "Mrs. Brown". Then more narrow roads (with lorries-that's trucks to you Americans- speeding by us at 70 mph) John's getting brave though, the first day he was going 35mph, today 50mph, tomorrow who knows? This afternoon we sent Emma into full castle overload with Urquhart Castle, a ruin looking out over beautiful, mysterious Loch Ness. Tonight we are at the Inchnacarnoch Lodge (and no I don't know how to pronounce it), here for the next 3 nights. Tomorrow is a hanging out day (maybe a boat ride on the Loch to look for Nessie) and the next day-----drum roll-----Harry Potter train!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



3rd July 2007

exhausting day, huh?
Wow, that was definitely a full day of activities! I would be totally out of it by the end of the day! It sounds like it was lots of fun though. The castles sound soo cool, and the scenery sounds AMAZING! I think a day of relaxation is a good idea for all of y'all! It will give you time to rest so you'll all be ready for the HARRY POTTER TRAIN! Ah, i bet you are all excited! ooh, i have about 200 pgs left in harry potter (the 6th one) and i am determined to finish before i leave saturday morning! it is probably the 4th of July when you're reading this so in that case... HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!! haha, love you all and miss you too! < Angel :) :)
4th July 2007

Hello Ms. Ragland! Ha, well it seems y'all (i thought i would throw in some Texas just in case you had forgotten:) have been through a lot of scenery in the past couple of days. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous, ha I like the sheep. Tomorrow seems like a fun day looking for Nessie and all. ;) And of course the Harry Potter train sounds sooo cool! I can't wait to hear more! Love you all and stay safe!
4th July 2007

wow
now i know why i never heard about people in the uk, they were to busy building CASTLES but they are very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY JOHN BRING ME BACK SOME OF THAT PIE!!! jk gtg BYE
4th July 2007

the castles and scenery look gorgeous! it seems like scottland is keeping yall pretty busy. sounds amazing! i saw tessie and sophie yesterday! yay!
4th July 2007

cool sheep
THOSE SHEEP R SO COOL I WANT ONE I WILL NAME IT HUGO AND HE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!! sorry spastic momment!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6th July 2007

a round of applause to Mrs. Ragland for doing the blog!! :] Well, it sounds like yall are all castled out but all the castles look pretty amazing! And of course.....drum roll....the Harry Potter train!! Yeah! I bet yall are super excited about that! Well, hope yall have fun on the train and take lots of pictures!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb