Missus Lorraine Dunbar


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife » Glenrothes
September 8th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Missus Lorraine Dunbar



By Miss Wendy O

The Hen Night

Dream Boyz, pink fluffy handcuffs and a dancing pole …. But enough about the stag night, the hen event was a much classier affair.

In the afternoon, Lauren, Helen, Erin, Lorraine and I took off to Dunfermline for a spot of water-skiing. Of course a bottle of champagne was in order to prepare us for the cold icy waters on this drizzly Scottish afternoon. The Hen was first up and got to her feet before swallowing half the murky loch and retiring. I had a go wakeboarding, which was heaps of fun and had a few impressive falls as always. Erin created a new water-skiing technique called the J-Lo Style for obvious reasons (see photo), Lauren took to the water like a shark and Helen also swallowed her fair share of nasty loch water by the time she had finished.

It was back to Alice’s pad for showers, champers and a glam up before hitting the town.

First stop …. The Opal Lounge, for our cocktail making course. Alice, Carrie, Johanne, Laura and Justine joined the water-skiers and Jim, our mixologist, was very patient (initially) and took us behind the bar in turns to mix up mojitos, champagne cocktails, a creamy number (for Helen) and raspberry mules. Lots of giggles and a great start to the night. Next stop: Ricks

I was certainly feeling the heat at this point after quite a few cocktails and champers on an empty stomach! The food was fab! Gail joined us just in time for some more drinks then we all headed back to the Opal Lounge to dance the night away!

Feeling a little rusty the following morning, Lorz and I treated ourselves to brekkie at my favourite spot, Montpellier’s…yum. I was reunited with Stuart after brekkie who smelt like a chip pan and looked like he’d slept on a park bench in The Grassmarket. He was a little more vague on the details of the stag night but I’m guessing my prediction wasn’t far off!

The Wedding…

A perfect summers day, blue skies, an old rustic castle overlooking the Tay Estuary, a Scottish piper and two love birds …..

It really was a fairytale wedding. Lorraine and Jonathan opted for a humanist service, with Jonathan’s mate Ian leading us through the ceremony. With this personal touch, a few readings and the bride and groom’s heart felt vows, there wasn’t a dry eye to be seen.

My handsome fiancé looked HOT in his Hebridian Heather kilt, the perfect gear for a spot of ceilidh dancing, and dance we did! I got a little carried away while dancing to Strip the Willow and sent Mike, the best man, flying across the dance floor oops…

A great day, a perfect wedding and a very happy couple … Mister and Missus Dunbar!



Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

The bridesmaid and the bestmanThe bridesmaid and the bestman
The bridesmaid and the bestman

Right before he went flying across the dance floor on his butt
Dutch CourageDutch Courage
Dutch Courage

as we prepare for the cold icy scottish waters
The night before the big dayThe night before the big day
The night before the big day

Preparing the marque
Looking gorgeousLooking gorgeous
Looking gorgeous

The marque on the grounds of Birkhill Castle the night before the wedding


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb