A Wee Break


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Ayrshire » Ayr
August 11th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Having been back at home for all of 5 weeks it was certainly time for another holiday. We had the perfect excuse, tagging on to Gillie and Gary's wedding in Troon - a week in Scotland.



An easyjet flight and rental car got us to our holiday cabin which would be home for the week along with Debbie, Amanda, Dave, Mish, Josh, Jimma, Claire and Huxley. It could have been plucked out of Scandanavia and put down in Ayrshire - complete with sauna too!




The setting was perfect and the weather stunning (on arrival) and the holiday spirit easy to get back into with a few beers and good company.




The following day was spent in Ayr and with the weather deteriorating our fingers were crossed for the following day - the wedding. That evening with the wind battering the Marina hotel we had a few drinks with everyone - celebrating what would be Gillie and Gary's last night as an engaged couple!




The day of the wedding was not too bad weather wise. A traditional piper greeted the congregation and following a lovely service we all headed to the reception. Photos out of the way and several glasses of pimms later we all sat down to an amazing feast and excellent wine! It was a great day and certainly one to remember.




Battling the weather on Sunday we went ten pin bowling and found a nice pub for drinks.




Sally and I went up to see Nick and Ceci for a night in Port Appin. The drive past Loch Lomand and through Glen Coe was spectacular as usual and a good time was had at Nick's eating fresh mussels from the marina and visiting a local castle near Oban. The speedboat out to the seals was fun too - apart from the rain and choppy seas.




Back to the cabins the next day after an afternoon wondering around Glasgow which is a great city! Fantastic architecture, by the looks of things hundreds of shops, bars, and restaurants - and the Kelvin museum was brilliant (free) and my favourite exhibit was a bee hive (made out of perspex so you could see everything going on inside!




To round off the week we had a massive BBQ in the Sun (finally) and then all went our seperate ways.




A fun week was had by all despite the weather and Gillie and Gary treated us all to an
excellent wedding!




Watch this space for the next installment!









Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

LinnieLinnie
Linnie

Loch Linnie
Supper Supper
Supper

fresh from the loch
Castle StalkerCastle Stalker
Castle Stalker

in the rain


22nd August 2007

Work?
When do you guys ever do any work??? Can't wait to get home. Will have to meet up for a few drinks. Nice photos - loos like it was an awesome wedding. All the best, Greavesy.
23rd August 2007

I want to go to Loch Linnie!!
Looks like you guys had a great time. Sally, your dress is beautiful! "Watch out for the next installment" ... are you addicted to travelblog!?? ; ) Lynny .... not the Loch xxx

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 36; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb