Belgium/Netherlands/Scotland/I'm hung


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Argyll
June 28th 2012
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I'M ALIVE!

Have been to Belgium, Netherlands, and now in beautiful Scotland (NOT in argyll dont know where that is but edinburgh didnt come up =S). Currently hungover as fark so gonna do some dot points instead of rambling on like I usually do. I'm good at that.

BELGIUM

- Stayed in Brussels, capital city of Belgium

- Drank plenty of Belgian beer. Went to the dilirium cafe bar which holds the world record for stocking the most beers.. over 2500! Tried mango beer, passionfruit beer, so on.

- Loved the delicious food. Brussels mussels, vou le vonts (still love my dad's the most), belgian waffles and belgian chocolate. Oh and the all u can eat sushi train!!

- Beautiful old city; loved the Grand place with its historical buildings dating back to 1600s. Visited the famous 'Manniken pis' a statue of a young boy taking a piss. LOL.

- Did a day trip to Bruges... amazing city. Ate in the famous 'Markt' similar to the 'Grand Place' with its old buildings in a square. This is where the 'Watch Tower' is. Did a canal cruise which was breathtaking!

NETHERLANDS

- Stayed in the much anticipated AMSTERDAM.

- Visited the Anne Frank house; although the furniture had been removed it was still an amazing experience to walk through the building and to see where Anne slept (her pictures/posters were still on her wall).

- Did a canal cruise; very boring compared to the one in Bruges, wasnt as fascinating or visually attractive and also we listened to an audio whereas in Bruges we had a funny tour guide who spoke 3 different languages

- Rode a bike by myself around Amsterdam, mostly stayed in Vondelpark because when I was on the road I was on the verge of death lol. Scariest but best thing ever!

- Did a pub crawl, won't go into details.. CRAZY NIGHT!

- Went through red light district.. interesting!

- Did a day trip to Northern Holland to watch clog making, cheese making, and went to a windmill village.

- Caught up with Kelly and Xave for some drinks, was great to catch up with friends from back home.

- Our last day it was pissing down rain (we mostly had nice weather though) so we went to the movies to see dark shadows.. highly recommend!

- We had a great hostel with a club downstairs (2.50euro jager bombs) and they always played songs we requested! aka bulk call me maybe.

- Coffee shops. No comment.

SCOTLAND

- Staying in beautiful Edinburgh!

- Did a walking tour; had a fabulous guide.. KNEW HIS SHIT. Was so interesting learning about the history of Scotland, walking through the old grave yard learnt about body snatchers, the story of Greyfriars Bobby (look it up if u cbf).

- Ate haggis.. wasn't bad but would not eat it again

- Edinburgh castle.. the most amazing attraction yet! Perched up on the cliff at the end of 'Royal Mile' it is absolutely breathtaking.

- Went to the National Scotland Museum.. actually dunno if thats what it is called haha but it was bloody interesting stuff. Ash left early though she was bored haha.-

- Went to Glasglow for a daytrip.. was a wet day so wasn't that great walking around in the rain BUT it was still a pretty cool city. Not as good as Edinburgh though.

- Fell in love with a Scottish comedian. Spoke to him for like 2 seconds but that's all it took lol.

- Been going out to a nightclub called the hive. SO FUN!

- Doing a day trip to the highlands tomorrow, should be good!

ANYWAY my brain hurts.

Bye for now x

Advertisement



14th August 2012

Hi from aunty rose
Hey Laura, Great to hear about all your amazing adventures overseas. Love hearing about all the places you have been and sights you've seen. You really are making the most of each day by cramming in as much as you can. ENJOY!! Love Rosie
9th September 2012

hi aunty rosie! mum said you received my postcard! i only just read your message now.. i have been so slack on my blog haha been having too much fun!!! hope all is well xox

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb