West Highland Way...part 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Argyll » Bridge of Orchy
September 3rd 2013
Published: February 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 1Day 1Day 1

Ready to start our 31 mile journey...Tania, Kirsty & Caroline (l to r)
The second part of the walking adventure was undertaken by 2 members of the original crew (Kirsty & Tania) and a new willing addition (Caroline). Unfortunately the other 2 original members (Debbie & Lynn) had other commitments, so they took a reign check on this occasion but will be back for the finale next year!

The route commenced from the Drovers Inn (Inveranan) to the Kings House Hotel (Glencoe), 31 miles from start to finish.

Day 1 - Inveranan to Crainlarach

Day 2 - Crainlarach to Bridge of Orchy

Day 3 - Bridge of Orchy to Glencoe

Drove home on Tuesday via Comrie, Crief & Perth

Weather was varied on day 1 mainly sunny with overcast spells, day 2 light showers and day 3 a constant drizzle with some heavy showers and the appearance of the dreaded midges!

A great sense of achievement felt by all on reaching the end of our third days final destination...greeted by warmth and heart pleasing food & drinks at the Kingshouse :-)



Final part awaits in Aug 2014...


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

10:20am first drink of the day!10:20am first drink of the day!
10:20am first drink of the day!

For the record it was Caroline (AND NOT ME!) who at 10:15am asked when we were planning to have a wee drink...needless to say this was music to my ears!!!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb