Bangkok to Penang


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Angus » Dundee
July 6th 2006
Published: July 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all.
Thailand is a beautiful country and very cheap. Had a mad few days in Bangkok before joining the tour group. Palaces and Buddah's galore. All had made. The buildings are stunning. Some of the hygiene is questionable. Some excellent food and some that smell so bad they make you want to be sick. If you dont like seafood or spicy food you wont be eating very much.
Joined the tour on day 4 in Bangkok. Great bunch of people- Argintinian,German,Northern Irish and English, from the off we were told it was going to be a 17 day alcohol excursion. Its been true so far.
Left Bangkok and headed upto Kanchanaburi and the Bridge over the River Kwai which was great. A 14 hour overnight booze train followed by buses,ferries and pick up truck took us to the island of Koh Phanang. The most beautiful island in the world. It was 3 days of sunbathing,snorkling,eating and drinking. Also made it to the islands famous Half-Moon Party which was wicked. Managed to get to a Thai Boxing match also- those guys are mental!!
We have just spent the last 2 days travelling by bus to the island of Penang just off the Malaysian coast.
Will post again when possible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th July 2006

Greetings from Denver
Looks like you are both have loads of fun!!! Keep enjoying and keep safe. We look forward to you next enty
8th July 2006

Hi
Hi, Glad you are having a good time. We've just had two weeks rain in 4 hours and Swindon was flooded. At least we live on a hill!!! love Auntie Trish and Uncle Steve

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb