Monday, July 21 - Tuesday, July 22


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


[youtube=7w890GLYD-8]
At Washington / Dulles International AirportAt Washington / Dulles International AirportAt Washington / Dulles International Airport

(L to R) Bill Snell, Jewell Snell, Kelly Roark, Ryan Roark
We're sitting in the living room of the Graham family here in Bangor, Northern Ireland, U.K. at 10:00 p.m local time. Looking out the windows, we can see that the sun is still up -- should be until almost 11:00 p.m. Ireland is far enough north that the summertime days are extraordinarily long.

So, let's recap the events of the past two days (which for us have really been one VERY long day!).

We flew from Washington DC to Dublin on Aer Lingus. We had two interesting events in the airports:

1 - We ran into a troup of young Irish dancers and convinced them to give us a show (see video!)
2 - We saw Sinead O'Connor! She walked right past us in the Dublin airport...no joke!

Thanks so much to Jennifer Wenger (Bill and Jewell's daughter) for dropping us at the airport and to Colin Graham (our host for the trip) for picking us up in Dublin. On the way from Dublin to the Belfast area where we're staying, we stopped in the scenic little hamlet of Banbridge for fish and chips - yum! (see photos)

Last night, some of the members of the
Irish DancersIrish DancersIrish Dancers

Two of the Irish girls on our flight who agreed to give us a pre-flight show
church here in Bangor came over for the first of Bill's personal evangelism seminars. We had a nice visit with them afterward -- friendly people!

Stay tuned for more in the days ahead. Send us a message and let us know what you'd like to see and know about!

-- Ryan & Kelly



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

More Irish DancersMore Irish Dancers
More Irish Dancers

This is in the middle of the "B" concourse at Washington/ Dulles Internaitonal Airport!
Aer LingusAer Lingus
Aer Lingus

I've always wanted to board one of these lovely aircraft!
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

Thr sun was rising as we approached Ireland, but my watch was telling me it was mignight (Eastern Time).
We're Here!We're Here!
We're Here!

Our plane on the ground at Dublin International Airport.
Group At Dublin AIrportGroup At Dublin AIrport
Group At Dublin AIrport

Here we are out front of the Dublin Airport.
BanbridgeBanbridge
Banbridge

On the streets of Banbridge, Northern Ireland.
Kelly In BanbridgeKelly In Banbridge
Kelly In Banbridge

Banbridge is a lovely little Northern Irish town.
"Humped Pelican Crossing""Humped Pelican Crossing"
"Humped Pelican Crossing"

Ask Kelly about this...intruiging stuff.


23rd July 2008

Fun!
Irish dancers... Sinead O'Connor ... sunset at 11pm? It's only beginning! I love all of the photos. What a great way to celebrate your 7th anniversary. I hope you accomplish all that you set out to do in Ireland. Love ya, Jenn.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb