Wednesday, July 23


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Irish HydrangeaIrish HydrangeaIrish Hydrangea

Here's Kelly with her favorite flower, the Hydrangea. Some types of flowers seem to flourish here in the cool, damp environment.
After a good night's sleep, we were beginning to adjust to the five-hour time difference. Does anyone else sleep better when there is cool, fresh air wafting through a window? You can do that here in the MIDDLE OF JULY! Daytime highs in the middle to low sixties (farenheit), and evening lows in the fifties.

Airfare...$900
Fish & Chips...£7.00
Sleeping with the window open in July...PRICELESS!!

Today was supposed to be our first day of passing out the invtations to the gospel meeting in the community. The printer did not yet have them finished, so we made the best of it by touring the beautiful town of Bangor. We walked the Wednesday outdoor market and met several locals who were invited by word-of-mouth. Again, tremendously friendly people.

Since we were unable to carry out the plan for today, we'll pull "double duty" tomorrow and distribute large quanitites of invtiations.

Bill taught his second of three evangelism seminars this evening. We had about 15 or 16 present for this, and the members of the church here seem to be responding well and genuinely interested in both learning and applying their newly acquired knowledge.

We had one email
In The MarketIn The MarketIn The Market

Walking in the open-air market.
asking about the food here and how we're getting along in regard to local cuisine. Most of our meals have been home cooked meals prepared by our hostess, and they have been good. Very American since she's originally from the U.S. The days ahead will enable us to sample more of the local cuisine, no doubt. And when we finish the mission work here in the North, our third week (lesiure time) will certainly present a plethora of opportunites for adventurous eating. We'll keep you posted!

Thanks for taking the time to keep up with us. Until tomorrow...

Cheers.

-- Ryan & Kelly


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Orange OrderThe Orange Order
The Orange Order

The signs of "The Troubles" are still here.
The Orange Order, 2The Orange Order, 2
The Orange Order, 2

Notice the coffin on the sign to the left!
Kelly & HollyKelly & Holly
Kelly & Holly

This is the Grahams' two-year-old Golden Retriever, Holly. She's expecting a litter of pups in about a week. She's as sweet as a dog can be...but we still think our boys, Angus & Louis, are the best dogs ever. We miss them badly.
Evangelism SeminarEvangelism Seminar
Evangelism Seminar

Bill teaching in the second night of the personal evangelism seminar.
MarthaMartha
Martha

This is our host, Colin's, mother, Martha. She is the nicest yet funniest little old lady we've ever met. Her thick Irish brogue just makes her even more charming.
New Church FacilityNew Church Facility
New Church Facility

(L to R) Colin, Ryan, an Bill in front of the new facility the church in Bangor is hoping to lease. It opens out directly onto the market area.


24th July 2008

Hi Uncle and Aunt!
Hi Uncle Ryan and Aunt Kelly, I love you so much. I liked the picture of Aunt Kelly and Holly. Can you bring me one of her puppies? I also liked the dancing video...I want to learn to do that since I think I'm Irish. Livi and I can't wait to see you when you get back. Love, Kate - your red-head who thinks she's Irish

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb