Thursday, July 24


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Door-To-DoorDoor-To-DoorDoor-To-Door

Ryan passing out one of the gospel meeting invitations.
A super-busy day today!

We headed out this morning to begin going door-to-door with the gospel meeting invtiation cards. We had a crew of seven canvassing the neighborhoods. I would estimate about 1,000 of these invitations have been distributed to date.

One thing we have noticed is the meticulous way in which the yards are kept here. The grass is lush and green, and it seems to always be trimmed to the point that you could putt a golf ball. Kelly continues to be amazed at the vibrant colors of the flowers here...this coming from a girl who, by her own admission, doesn't exactly have a green thumb. Ryan did stumble across a thistle plant. He was thrilled, however, to be poked by a REAL Irish thistle (see photo)!

After we put in a few hours of walking door-to-door in the morning and another two or three in the afternoon, Lisa (Colin's wife) took us out to the shore. We've included a couple of the photos we snapped out at Donaghadee, another quaint and picturesque Irish town.

Finally, we went to a nearby Fish & Chips shop and brought home some of the good stuff. This was
Three AmigosThree AmigosThree Amigos

(L to R) Kelly, Jewell, and Bill canvassing the village.
some SERIOUSLY good food...authentic British fare here. We loaded it down with a few bucketfuls o' malt vinegar and a quarry full o' salt.

Tomorrow, we have a trip up the breathtaking Antrim coast planned. Stops along the way will include the Giants Causeway, Carrick-A-Red rope bridge, and Dunluce Castle. Stay tuned for what will surely be some majestic photos...

Is mise le meas (Gaelic for "Yours faithfully"),

Ryan & Kelly


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Takin' It To The StreetTakin' It To The Street
Takin' It To The Street

(L to R) Bill, Jewell, and Robert (Colin's brother) laboring for the cause of Christ.
Beautiful FeetBeautiful Feet
Beautiful Feet

"How beautiful are the feet of them that bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans 10:15)
British Loyalist HomesBritish Loyalist Homes
British Loyalist Homes

This was on one particular hill where there were British flags everywhere. An "Orange Order" hall was just around the corner.
Real Irish ThistlesReal Irish Thistles
Real Irish Thistles

Never had Ryan felt such a friendly stabbing pain.
Standing Where The Forefathers StoodStanding Where The Forefathers Stood
Standing Where The Forefathers Stood

Ryan's fourth great-grandfather emigrated from this area before fighting in the American Revolutionary War.
Lighthouse HugLighthouse Hug
Lighthouse Hug

Kelly's grown a wee bit since we left the U.S.
Authentic Fish & ChipsAuthentic Fish & Chips
Authentic Fish & Chips

Oh yeah...this stuff was the real deal. Ryan fancies himself a fish & chips conniseur, and he gave RAVE reviews to this meal.


24th July 2008

Bring me some fish too!
Hi Uncle and Aunt Kelly, If you are bringing me a puppy, can you please bring me some fish and frech fries (or srench sries - if I'm actually speaking) too? I wish I was with you guys - it looks like you are having fun. Love, Kate and Livi
24th July 2008

Yum !!
Tha fish sure LOOKS tasty! How's breakfast? Great photos, very creative.
26th July 2008

As a fish and chips fan myself, that is BY FAR my favorite picture so far.
26th July 2008

Fish & Chips
Yeah...that one was for you, Ben. -- Ryan

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb