HOME


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Home


The town of Bushmills, N. Ireland to Dublin, Ireland to Holyhead, Scotland

This is day 100 of our trip... and after much discussion, today we begin our trip back to the US. This has been a amazing adventure, with many challenges, wonderful people, memories, and experiences, but for Kel (Maureen) it is time to Go Home. Not to bore you, our "subscribers"-- that have followed us on this trip, but we want to let you know how we managed to find our way home.
It will take some doing, but we plan to store the Bothan in Leese, Germany. Bob worked 34 years with a company in Butler, PA and his "old" company has an office/plant in Germany.
So we drove from Bushmills to Dublin and took the ferry across to Holyhead, Scotland ( 7/17-18 overnight on the ferry). Then we drove across Scotland/England to Hull and got the ferry (overnight, with a cabin) to Rotterdam 7/18-19. On Saturday (7/20) we found a campground in Germany near Leese, thanks to Kerstin. Sunday was a work day as we prepared the motor home for storage... emptying the tanks, cleaning the vehicle inside and out, packing... and making plane reservations for Tuesday.
Monday was a short drive to the AGR Plant, where we met a wonderful staff that helped us and made us feel welcomed. With help, we got the train from Niemburg to Hanover, then from Hanover to Munich. Then a subway to the airport area, then a bus to the hotel...WOW! Dinner was a delight with Martin... he took time from his very busy schedule and we enjoyed a "typical German meal" with good company and conversation... complete with beer!
The shuttle took us to the airport Tuesday AM 7/22, for our flight back to Phila onto Pitt. It US Airways Flight from Hell! At our front door almost 30 hours later...
WE ARE HOME!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Kelly Bob with Martain having a German dinner. Kelly Bob with Martain having a German dinner.
Kelly Bob with Martain having a German dinner.

Martin is the manager of the German office of AGR, the company Bob retired from


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 32; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb