Day 11 - London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
November 5th 2005
Published: October 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

GUYS AND DOLLS IS TONIGHT!! But before that we have a whole day to kill...

So we hopped on the tube and headed out to Hampton Court this morning. It took about 45 minutes to get there. The place was so cool!! The palace was originally owned by Cardinal Wolsely, an advisor of King Henry the VIII's, but when he fell into disfavor, Henry took his property.

We went through everything we could. Getting lost, well turned around a few times in the process! The palace was cool, the gardens were gorgeous, the maze was a little dissapointing, after all I had read I thought it would be huge, and difficult, and scary... It was none of those things. The voices they had throughout were kind of cool though. I am glad we came out here, I had wanted to see it so bad last year, but just didn't have the time.

We got back to London fairly early in the afternoon, at a Burger King of all places, at the tube station and headed back to rest and get ready to go see Guys and Dolls, with Ewan McGregor as Sky Masterson. It was at 7:30pm, we headed out at a quarter after 6pm, picked up our tickets from will call, and stopped in to get donuts and coffee to kill some time before the performance. We bought programs, I got a tshirt, which I think is too small. The show started right on time. We were on the 3rd level, but the seats were perfect. I am so glad we brought my dad binoculars, totally made it better, although I admit I spent a lot of time hiding my camera and filming the performance. The show was amazing! We had heard Ewan hadn't gone on earlier in the day, so we were very lucky. We found out from a girl and her mom (ironically from AZ) that you can go to the side stage door and they will come out and sign autographs, but it was already too late, so maybe tomorrow night. The girl from AZ said her friend was on the tube and ended up sitting right across from him and his wife. How cool is that?

Anyway we're back at the hostel, I'm listening to the soundtrack (from the orignal broadway production) too bad they aren't doing a cd with Ewan. Jenn and Kelley headed back down to the bar. Kelley has a major crush on the bartender, so every night they've been down there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The MazeThe Maze
The Maze

Totally dissapointing


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb